Product ListingBack To The Product Listings
1998 Porsche Spec Boxster - New BuildPosted by khinduja about 1 month, 1 week ago
I bought this car about 5 years ago with 64k miles on it and used it for time trials 2-3 times a year mainly at auto club and willow springs. I took a break from going to the track from Jan 2018- December 2019. In Feb of 2020, I sent it for a full conversion to a boxster spec car. The car was just completed in August of 2020 and has only completed its shakedown testing, has not been on the track since or in any race ever. It has never been in an accident, nor touched or hit while on track. The car has 67k miles on it and 100% of the work since I bought it has been completed by Vision Motorsports in Laguna Niguel, CA.
I decided that I won’t be going into racing for now, so I have decided to sadly part with it as i very much enjoyed learning to race all these years. This car needs absolutely nothing, ready to race.
Never had any issue with the car at all, engine, transmission and clutch still very strong. IMS bearing was changed when I bought the car and was not showing an issue at the time. I have dyno reports to reflect which were completed in August 2020.
I have spent over 60k on all upgrades since I have owned the car.
The car has the following all installed by Vision Motorsports:
- Full Custom welded in roll cage
- Window Net
- Racing Battery with quick disconnect fully configured
- Tarret Engineering Underdrive crank pulley
- Straight Pipe Exhaust (Sounds great)
- Center Radiator
- Transmission Cooler
- Power Steering Cooler
- AiM MXP Medium 6" TFT Dash Logger w GPS
- CAE Short Shifter
- Bilstein PSS9 suspension
- Tarrett Engineering Front & Rear Sway Bar
- Tarret Engineering Front and Rear Drop Links
- Tarrett Rear toe links
- Tarrett Engineering cross tie bar
- Sabelt Driver Seat
- Schroth 6-point seat belt, have 2nd set too in case you want to add a passenger seat
- Fiberglass roof with custom rear clamshell also made of fiberglass to reduce weight and is one piece with roof
- New Toyo RR 255/40-17 - Front and Rear
- Pagid Yellow brake pads
- Steel braded brake lines
- GT3 brake ducts for cooling
- Full rear-view mirror