Product ListingBack To The Product Listings
Championship Winning '97 SMPosted by WindingRoad about 2 months, 1 week ago
2017 SoCal NASA SM series championship winning car. The #21, is a 1997 1.8L - Full legal, tech inspected Spec Miata (Bilstein shocks, 7" rims... all spec for the series.)
- Front shocks have ~ 1/2 season on them
- New front brakes pads (have zero hours, Hawk HTC 60)
- Rear shocks have ~4 races on them
- HD SM compliant radiator (NEVER has any kind of temperature problems)
- Car has a fiberglass halo seat on Sparco sliders
- NRG quick release steering wheel
- New windshield as of (2) races ago.
- New Window net
- New Schroth 6pt Hans compatible black harness (2 races)
- Engine, trans, diff, - none showing any signs of problems.
- Air / Fuel gauge
- Shift Light
- Wheels one set of SM 15x7 (25mm offset) rims with new sticker (205/50 BFG R1S)
- Transponder is hardwired to the car and goes on and off with the ignition. Last of the non-subscription transponders!
- Wiring (IMSA standard) and harnesses, radio box, antenna, push to talk button, etc. Radio not included.
- Price includes spare JDM Engine and Transmission (valued at $1,300)
Extra Parts Available for Sale:
• Aim Solo $500
• New Hubs & Studs $230 (cost)
• New Front Rotors $44 (cost)
• New Fuel Pump $50 (below cost)
• Light Weight Avanti DST 15x8 (25mm offset) Metallic Bronze $450
Since last race the oil and filter where changed and the brake system bled. New HTC front brake pads installed. All other fluids inspected and topped off. Fluids used: Rotella T6 ONLY for the engine Oil, Mobil 1 for the diff and trans., and Motul 600 for the brake fluid. All rotors checked and in good condition.
About the Pictures
The pictures frankly make the car look better than it does in person. Since these pics, the hood was replaced (because the hood pins where not in). The "new" hood is paint faded but perfectly straight. Wheels shown in pictures are rollers, not included with the sale of the car.
As mentioned, this is a championship winning car and is ready to race. I purchased this car in January 2018 and raced it twice. I am selling as I am moving to a Global car. It is literally ready to race in any SM series. Car is located at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in Pahrump, NV.Contact Seller »